Interested students can Apply online at www.scana.com, job #964233
STUDENT/CO-OP APPLICATION DEVELOPER POSITION is available in the Information Systems Department of SCANA. Ideal candidate is a sophomore or junior pursuing a major or minor in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems or a related degree with these additional qualifications:
- Must have a cumulative 2.50 GPA or higher
- Must have transportation (students are required to work on site in our Cayce location)
- Must be able to work 15-25 hours during the work week. Weekend hours are not available.
- Must take and pass a Programmer Aptitude Test
- Coursework or experience with any of the following will be considered a plus: object oriented programming, SQL, VB .NET, C++, C#, ASP.NET, perl, database design, data synchronization, server administration, general networking. A solid working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server is preferable.
- Successful candidates have strong analytical, troubleshooting, and customer service skills, and are self motivated to learn new languages, platforms, and technologies with minimal guidance.