Each graduate student must be advised by the Graduate Director each semester before registering for courses for the next semester.
- Before meeting with the Graduate Director, you should prepare a tentative list of courses for the upcoming semester.
You should schedule a meeting with the Graduate Director to finalize this course plan.
- After the first year, a completed Program of Study is required. The program of study documents your plan for satisfying the degree requirements.
- Program of Study Form for Master's and Certificate students
- Program of Study Form for Ph.D. students
This form should list the courses you have taken, along with those you plan to take in the future, to satisfy your degree requirements. The Program of Study should not list more courses than you need.
After advisement is complete, you will be cleared to register for courses for the upcoming semester.
- Continuing graduate students should register for Spring courses in November and for Summer and Fall courses in April.
- New graduate students should register as soon as possible after completing the steps required by the graduate school.