You will be responsible for developing new printer firmware, as well as modifying existing firmware, utilizing C/ C++ and assembler, in order to expand and enhance the functionality of SATO’s line of thermal printers.
• Development, debug and document, printer firmware.
• Analyze competitive functions, new industry barcodes, protocols, RFID and other pertinent functions as required.
• Project manage the design, coding, debugging and testing of assigned firmware enhancements and modifications.
• Perform analysis of specifications for new or enhanced product and system features.
• Create software documentation for new and updated programs.
• Interface with others within the organization to gain an understanding of the customer’s expectations and requirements to create a successful solution.
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering required coupled with 1 - 3 years of experience in software development using C/C++ and Assembler. LUA (Script Language), Visual Studio (.NET) or other programming experience is a plus.
SATO is a pioneer in the Automatic Identification and Data Collection (AIDC) industry and the inventor of the world’s first electronic thermal transfer barcode printer. It revolutionized the barcoding industry by introducing the Data Collection System (DCS) & Labeling concept – a total barcode and labeling solution providing high quality barcode printers, scanners/hand-held terminals, label design software and consumables. SATO is one of the first in the industry to introduce a complete, multi-protocol EPC-compliant, UHF RFID solution. SATO is publicly listed on the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange in Japan. It has sales and support offices in over 20 countries and is represented globally through a world-class network of partners. For the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011, it reported revenues of US$914 million.
Please send replies to: email@example.com