Intern will be working within a creative and energetic environment to create professional quality websites and marketing materials for clients. (10) Ten to (20) Twenty hours a week based around students schedule.
• Create design prototypes including: graphic design, site navigation, and layout of content for new websites, templates, or existing clients.
• Ensure layout of content is accessible and logical; recommend improvements if necessary.
• Create visual concepts that match the content and the image wanted by the clients but that fit in the schools global image; ensure that sites are easy to navigate.
• Build websites using technologies that conform to international standards and make sure that they are universally accessible.
• Perform maintenance and updates to existing websites when requested by clients.
• Contribute to the overall development of the Web Communications group and of the university website.
• Computer Science majors or other discipline related to the primary responsibilities. A minimum of one year producing table-less, XHTML, standards-compliant cross browser, website design or graphic design.
• Experience working in a communications/ public relations environment, particularly in a start-up company setting, highly desirable.
• Advanced knowledge of XHTML, CSS, and of digital imaging and illustration with Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator with formal training an asset.
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
• Attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and creativity in problem-solving.
• Ability to work in a team and to communicate in a clear way to provide training to staff and faculty.
• Knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques, a strong online portfolio displaying user-centered design, and experience with web database solutions definite assets.
Position Availability: Internship – Web Design
Internship Time Frame: Fall Semester and Spring Semester (school year: 2012-2013)
Hours: minimum of 10 hours a week / up to 20 hours per week.
Payment: The Internship does not initially pay. Opportunity for future part time employment based on
Interested in an internship, please submit a Portfolio of work and Resume to: Justin@greenestreetdesigns.com
Greene Street Designs, LLC