This position is responsible for aspects of web development including design, development, testing and maintenance for the Technology Center to Promote Healthy Lifestyles. This is a senior technical position working as a high-functioning research team member responsible for building scalable websites, web applications and mobile apps that attract and retain research participant visitors with a logical, user-friendly interface. This experienced programmer will have a solid understanding of technical architecture components and web-based solutions, and experience utilizing multiple programming languages and different technology stacks. This developer will be responsible for implementing and maintaining cutting-edge technical solutions for new grants and funding proposals. The senior applications analyst will independently lead the iterative development and user testing of applications that promote dietary and physical activity behavior change for effective weight management as part of a portfolio of research projects focused on developing, implementing and evaluating healthy lifestyles. He or she will lead implementation of software design changes, as specified by research staff, oversee testing and debugging the software, documenting and maintaining the code, and querying the database as needed to export requested data.
Job Title Senior Applications Analyst
Internal Title Web Application Developer
Salary Range $47,092-$68,000
Department Exercise Science
Campus USC Columbia
Requisition Number 008218
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related area and 3 years experience computer system development and modification.
- Master's degree in information technology or related field and 5 years related experience or equivalent experience in computer system development, application programming, and database design with at least 2 years as a senior analyst.
- Knowledge of the public health field.
- A track record that shows adaptiveness and growth in the constantly changing technology field.
- Experience gathering, analyzing and executing requirements.
- Experience working in an academic environment similar in size, scope and mission to the University of South Carolina.
- Fluency with the GIT source control system, XML, JSON, and RESTful Web Services.
- Familiarity with Linux operating system.
- Certifications related to project management, database design, and/or application programming.
- Experience with Agile and SCRUM project management methodologies
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain close working relationships with Center personnel and research participants, content experts, technical staff, management and others.
To apply visit https://uscjobs.sc.edu/ and search for Requisition Number 008218.
For more information contact,
Matt McGrievy, PMP
Office of Practice and Community Engagement
USC Arnold School of Public Health
803-777-0999 | email@example.com