CHARLESTON COUNTY GOVERNMENT
JOB DESCRIPTION: DEPARTMENT - NINTH CIRCUIT SOLICITOR’S OFFICE
SQL REPORT WRITER/ANALYST - GRADE: Professional 3 – Entry Level: $50,065-$68,078
JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: This position is located in the Case Management Division of the Solicitor’s Office and works under the supervision of the Director of Case Management Operations. Primary job functions are as follows:
- Stay current with the technical knowledge of case management systems in use by various divisions of the Solicitor’s office including associated databases, their schema and inter-dependencies through their version upgrades/replacements.
- Understand user requirements and translate them to technical specifications for inquiries and reports.
- Run standard and ad hoc reports as needed and provide necessary input to the end users.
- Develop, test and implement/deploy ad hoc reports from these case management systems using Crystal Reports, SSRS, or any prevalent tool that is most suitable for that application environment.
- Utilize views, stored procedures and various SQL constructs to develop parameterized reports that users can run on their own.
- Ad hoc data analysis including drill down across multiple levels to help user with report contents w.r.t. the database contents; occasionally providing SQL scripts and report constructs that can allow users to do this on their own
- Create necessary tables, indexes, views and stored procedures to improve efficiency of the inquiries, reports and other tasks being carried out to help users. Additionally this position will help users to evaluate new applications, provide necessary application and database support and do other tasks as assigned. Acts as a backup for general hardware and software support.
QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field with 3 years related experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science in a related field. Direct experience in report writing preferred. Equivalent combinations of education and/or experience will be considered.
- In depth knowledge of SQL Language and SQL reporting services. Ability to write reports in: SSRS, Crystal Reports and or other reporting tools.
- Knowledge of the following of one or more of the general programming languages: Visual Basic; HTML, C; VB.net, ASP.Net, PHP.
- Proficient in the following Microsoft tools: SQL Server, SQL server management studio, Visual Studio, SQL profiler.
- Skilled in writing complex reports by analyzing data and systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to discuss issues at user and technical level to ensure excellent customer service to the high profile prosecutors.
- A criminal background check will be completed on selected applicant. Valid SC Driver’s License required. Position in Charleston office may be required to travel to Berkeley County Office if needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires the employee to frequently sit and use hands to handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Position may involve stooping, bending and crouching. The employee is required to walk, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to forty (40) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
HOURS OF WORK:
This position is classified as exempt. The normal work schedule is forty (40) hours per week. Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Must be able to work extended hours and weekends to complete projects when required. May be required to work during emergency situations. Scheduled hours/days and location subject to change.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org - this is CharlesYoung who is the hiring manager