The Software Developer’s role is to provide programming support for new and existing information systems based on user specifications with guidance from other staff members. Consults with and provides users with assistance in determining program enhancements and maintenance required. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures.
JOB CONTENT -
- Performs program maintenance, modifications, and enhancements to new/existing systems through programming, testing, documenting and training users.
- Able to effectively manage time while working on multiple assignments with guidance as to relative priorities of assignments.
- Confers with user personnel and department representatives in resolving questions of program/system intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Learns company systems and how they are automated.
- Provides on-call programming support.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- All Southeastern Freight Lines Associates are responsible for being personally committed to the principles of the Quality Improvement Process and applying these principles to realize a continuous improvement in the quality of work performed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
- Four-year college degree in computer science, computer information services, computer engineering, mathematics, or related field or 1 to 3 years information systems experience as a software developer and a two-year college degree.
- Must have knowledge of information technology fundamentals and programming languages.
- Expected to develop proficient knowledge of in-house programming languages, program design and development procedures, turnover procedures, and housekeeping standards.
- Able to perform analysis of straightforward system functionality with support of more senior software engineers.
- Expected to develop proficient knowledge of general system architecture and functionality, as well as proficient knowledge of specific sub-systems.
- Able to perform basic analysis of user requirements and existing system functionality in order to design workable solutions with some guidance from more senior software engineering associates.
- Hands-on software and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with data management.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Send Resumes to: Katherine Burgess / Staffing Specialist
Southeastern Freight Lines
420 Davega Road
Lexington, SC 29073