VC3, an innovative, growing IT services solution provider, headquartered in Columbia, SC is seeking to fill fulltime Software Engineer positions in our Columbia, SC office. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team, in a learning environment and have the opportunity to collaborate on a variety of development activities.
The Software Engineer positions are responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining software to established standards and specifications using approved programming languages, primarily .NET Framework. Responsibilities include coding, testing, debugging, documenting and installing both new programs/technologies and changes to existing programs/technologies of a complex nature.
The following skills/attributes are required:
- bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 1 to 5+ years of software development experience
- good problem solving and decision-making skills
- ability to understand and analyze complex issues
- must be motivated, detail oriented, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in an effective manner with a high level of quality
- excellent communication and teamwork skills as well as being able to perform in a fast-paced, diverse environment with demanding market needs
- ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other technical staff members as well as interface with customers and other non-technical members of the organization
- desire to provide the highest levels of service to clients
Required technical skills include:
- experience with Microsoft technologies, with a primary focus on web development using ASP.NET
- knowledge of objected oriented programming, component-based architectures and database design
- working knowledge of C# and SQL Server is preferred
- Foosball skills are a definite plus!
- travel requirements: ability to travel when necessary; must have reliable transportation
- candidate selected will be subject to a background and credit screening
- VC3 offers a competitive benefits package including a Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)