Southeastern Freight Lines is currently looking to fill two software developer positions at our corporate office in Lexington. I have attached a document containing a job description and required qualifications.
Interested students may submit an application by going to http://www.geninfo.com/seflcareers/home.htm, and resumes/questions may be sent to Katherine Burgess (Katherine.Burgess@sefl.com) and Donna Andrews (Donna.Andrews@sefl.com).
The Software Developer’s role is to provide programming support for new and existing information systems based on user specifications with guidance from other staff members. Consults with and provides users with assistance in determining program enhancements and maintenance required. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures.
JOB CONTENT -
• Performs program maintenance, modifications, and enhancements to new/existing systems
through programming, testing, documenting and training users.
• Able to effectively manage time while working on multiple assignments with guidance as to
relative priorities of assignments.
• Confers with user personnel and department representatives in resolving questions of
program/system intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, and inclusion of internal
checks and controls.
• Works under direct supervision with work checked regularly.
• Learns company systems and how they are automated.
• Provides on-call technical support
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• All Southeastern Freight Lines Associates are responsible for being personally committed to
the principles of the Quality Improvement Process and applying these principles to realize a
continuous improvement in the quality of work performed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
• Four-year college degree in computer science, computer information services, computer
engineering, mathematics, or related field or 1 to 3 years data processing experience as a
software developer and a two-year college degree.
• Must have knowledge of data processing fundamentals, programming languages, and job
• Expected to develop proficient knowledge of in-house programming languages, job control
languages associated with HP Integrity Clusters, program design and development procedures,
turnover procedures, and housekeeping standards.
• Able to perform analysis of straightforward system functionality with support of more senior
• Expected to develop proficient knowledge of general system architecture and functionality, as
well as proficient knowledge of specific sub-systems.
• Able to perform basic analysis of user requirements and existing system functionality in order
to design workable solutions with some guidance from more senior software engineering
• Hands-on software and troubleshooting experience.
• Experience with data management.
• Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
• Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
• Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS –
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to
handle other computer components.