We have 3 part time spots open for students on our workstation team at SCANA. This is great experience, as we have just hired 2 recent graduates into full time jobs! Can you guys put this on your job board and/or pass on to interested students? I know it’s a weird time since school is still out, but there may be some local folks hanging around looking for a fall job :)
Please pass on to anyone who might fit the bill (if we don’t get enough response now, we will come back again after school starts back).
Candidates must apply online: http://www.scana.com/en/careers/ Job # is 964092
Here’s the description:
Several CO-OP IT TECHNICIAN POSITIONS are available in the Information Systems Department of SCANA. Ideal candidate is a rising sophomore or junior pursuing a major or minor in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems or a related degree, with these additional qualifications:
- Must have a cumulative 2.50 GPA or higher.
- Must have transportation (students are required to work on site in our Cayce location).
- Must be able to work 15 -25 hours during the work week. Weekend hours are not available.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must have strong customer service and problem solving skills.
Position is responsible for analyzing hardware and software problems in a network environment. Coursework or experience with any of the following is a plus: PC hardware functionality, desktop imaging, network monitoring tools, Microsoft Office product support and/or asset management knowledge.