Any students that are interested please have them email me a copy of their resume at email@example.com.
We have an opening for a job in Columbia, SC. It is 75% remote and the contractor would have to be onsite for meetings only, 30 hours a week, and right now slated for just two months with the possibility of being extended out longer. Below is an overview of the position.
Company / Department culture
- Project work seeks to use best of breed tools, technology, and methodology
- Problem solving that leads to tangible results at multiple levels; e.g. business processes & organizational productivity, cost savings throughout the state, better services (lives enhanced) for clients throughout the state.
- Scope of the project:
- This work is part of the start-up phase of overlapping information system projects.
- Set-up, configure and install LAMP server and WordPress CMS
- Assist with creating a knowledge base and information site (Foundation stage)
- Document tasks and assist with content
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
Work with team to:
- Set-up, configure and install LAMP server and WordPress
- Assist with creating a knowledge base and information site (Foundation stage of the project)
- Long term development work may be available following the foundation stage
- Document tasks and provide up-to-date status through the project collaboration tools
- May assist with setup and implementation of project collaboration tools
Required Skills (rank in order of Importance):
- LAMP (Linux – Apache – MySQL – PHP)
- WordPress CMS
- Good knowledge of WordPress libraries and additions
- Security access, and authorization
- Coding customization
- Graphic skills
- Excellent listening and communication (written & verbal) skills; ability to discuss and present information logically and concisely
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team. Willing to share knowledge & experience with others
- Flexible problem solver; use of previous knowledge & experience, yet open to alternative methods when made available
Preferred Skills (rank in order of Importance):
- Content management experience to document projects, processes, etc.
- Information & Knowledge Share portals
- Organizational descriptions
Development experience in
Industry standard frameworks and libraries
- Solid skills in Linux
- Experience with databases beyond MySQL
- Example: MS SQL Server
- Experience with web-based graphical social network presentation software modules (not social media)