I am a recruiter working for a mid size (500 emp) manufacturer located just 30 miles east of Columbia in Camden. We are looking for a Network Administrator and I thought you would be able to refer me to a recent grad that has better than 3 years of hands on experience or could offer me a link to a University sponsored site where I can post the position below.
Position: Network Administrator
Reports to: IT Manager
The Network Administrator’s role is to ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer network. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. The person will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
· Install and maintain current network infrastructure including servers and network peripherals
· Research and test new technologies that can improve overall business and IT processes
· Secure all servers and network peripherals to comply with all Charter standards at a minimum
· Backup all critical data and properly plan it’s recovery in disaster recovery situations
· Diagnose and fix all server issues
· Perform level 2 desktop support
· Support Help Desk Activities
· Other duties as assigned by management.
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or IT related field is preferred.
* A minimum of two years direct involvement in network administration activities.
* A minimum two Microsoft server certifications preferably an MCSA or MCSE or CCNA.
* Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Experience with firewalls (ISA and hardware firewalls), Microsoft Exchange or VERITAS Backup exec.
* Working knowledge of Baan system administration preferred.
* Ability to travel on a limited basis.
Howden Buffalo Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer