Are you a person who wants to have their Christian faith as a significant part of their daily work?
Are you a go-getter who enjoys creating solutions to challenging technical problems?
Do you believe that technology is meant to empower people to effectively accomplish their jobs?
If so, we would like to talk with you. Water Missions International is building a best-in-class internal technical support team and we need your help to do it right.
Water Missions International is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization providing sustainable safe water and sanitation solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Safe water is the source of life. It is the foundation for health, education and viable economies. Through the generous support of individuals, churches, our corporate partners and many others, Water Missions International has brought relief and hope to more than 2.5 million people across the globe. Today, Water Missions International (WMI) provides access to safe water for over 2 million people throughout the world.
Additionally, WMI operates 10 country programs in South America, Africa and Asia and has served 52 different countries on 5 different continents. Our faith and belief in the sanctity of life compel us to develop and implement the best technologies and community development programs so God will be honored and glorified through our work. Our mission is to be a best in class Christian engineering ministry that transforms lives through sustainable safe water solutions.
Still interested? Please see the Position Purpose below.
The Information Technology Analyst, reporting to the IT Manager, is responsible for a pro-active approach to building and maintaining reliable information technology services and supporting Water Missions International staff in the application and use of these services. This position will focus on supporting staff in the effective use of technology and knowledge of systems to enable them to complete their responsibilities efficiently and effectively. On a larger scale, the Information Technology Analyst is responsible for data security and protecting Water Missions information.
Position Roles and Responsibilities
- On-site first responder for internal office technology issues (computers, conference rooms, phones, internet, iPads, etc) and urgent requests
- Support WMI staff with IT and IS needs with an emphasis on creating solutions to
- Purchase necessary IT-related equipment for staff
- Train staff (“teach a man to fish”) in the best use of available technology and create video tutorials of solutions to common IT issues
- Support Information Technology Manager with completion of special projects
- Help support Sharepoint and Office 365 implementation
- Manage Help Desk ticketing and other information systems such as Office 365, Sharepoint, PUMP, etc.
- Troubleshoot IT/IS issues
- Check and correct custom software error logs and eliminate errors to prevent recurring
- Develop software to support Water Missions Information Systems such as PUMP, Sharepoint, NetSuite ERP, etc.
- Create procedures and communicate changes about IT and IS as needed
- AS or BS in Information Technology, Business, Technology or related field
- Suitable, equivalent experience in lieu of degree will be considered
- 0-2 years successful experience in technical support or systems administration
- Must have strong trouble shooting, problem solving and analytical skills with excellent attention
- Must have ability to create and follow IT processes
- Must be an organized and effective planner
- Must have ability to manage priorities well and adjust to urgent requests
- Must possess creativity with solving problems with resource constraints
- Must also have strong verbal and written communications skills
Interested, qualified applicants should apply at: http://www.watermissions.org/employment