We are seeking 2 GIS analysts with just 2+years of experience for 6 month consulting opportunity
for the State of South Carolina located in Columbia, SC.
I wanted to pass along the job information in case you know someone or could post the job.
CTG is seeking GIS Analysts for 6 month consulting opportunities located in Columbia, SC
Utilizes Geographic Information System techniques to provide a better understanding of certain variables in a given geographic location. Extracts data from GIS software and uses varying analysis methods to arrive at results. Recommends appropriate reactionary strategies in response to GIS analysis. Provides maps and data sets to clients to supplement analysis. Knowledgeable of GIS software and technology. Works in conjunction with CADD drafters and technicians. Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
• Have GIS training, school(Geography background preferred) and work history will be considered
• Ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions
• Ability and willingness to learn GeoMedia to perform GIS work
• Ability to interpret and understand aerial photography
• Perform Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) on GIS layers
• Generate reports to document data discrepancies
• Ability to analyze data and generate reports/maps as requested
Experience/knowledge – Use of GIS software, GeoMedia or ARCGIS, understand databases, Access and/or Oracle, revise GIS layers using aerial photography, understand coordinate systems.
GIS Mapping 2+ years
Access 2+ years