I am the Human Resource Manager for the South Carolina Revenue and Fiscal Affairs state agency. We currently have openings for 4 - System Engineers. If you would please share the attached with anyone you know who may be interested in working in state government. Thank you for your time.
The Revenue and Fiscal Affairs Office (RFA) is seeking applications for junior or senior software engineers.
How we work: The RFA development team follows a slight variation of the Kanban agile development lifecycle. We work with our customers every week to ensure specifications are kept up to date and to receive feedback on existing development. We use the Atlassian suite of applications (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Hipchat) to track our work, which is continuously tested through Bamboo or Teamcity. Every developer can deploy code into staging or production with a simple message sent through Hipchat. Our aim is to continuously improve and automate as much of our process as possible so we can focus on software development and our customer.
Our main technology stack:
- Ruby, Haskell, ANSI C
- Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Grape, jQuery, Resque NGINX, Redis, MySQL/MariaDB, Git
Job responsibilities include:
- Performing the analysis, design, coding, testing and maintenance of complex, secure web applications for customers from RFA and other state agencies.
- Ensuring that customer needs are met by communicating with clients to determine requirements for the development of web applications and get feedback on existing development.
- Responding to customer requests by agreed-upon deadlines and reports on the status of projects to internal and external management.
- Documenting requirements for new features and issues with existing system functionality in the RFA project management and change management system(s).
- Performing back-end application development using MySQL or other appropriate database technologies. Creating efficient and scalable databases for optimal web application performance.
See attached for application details.