Elk Products, Inc. is seeking a skilled and experienced Engineering Manager to lead a team of design engineers in the Electronic Security and Home Automation Industry. Candidate should have a strong background in all aspects of electronic design and embedded software development. Our products include Embedded Devices based on microcontroller architectures.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with “C” & “C++” Programming Language
- Embedded Programming experience
- Experience with Eclipse based development environment and debugging or
other embedded development environments.
- Experience with Freescale microcontrollers
- Experience with MQX or other real-time operating systems.
- Immediate authorization to work in the US
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Programming
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
In addition to a proficiency in “C,” proficiency in one or more of the following Programming Languages is a plus:
- C ++
- Knowledge of any of the following:
- Database Design
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio development environment is a plus
- Knowledge and/or experience developing software using wireless protocols such as Wi-Fi, ZigBee, Z-Wave, and Bluetooth are a plus
- Prior internship or work experience in a commercial development environment
If you are interested in joining our team, please provide an explanation of why we should consider you for this position along with resume and qualifications.