JOB PURPOSE: Under the direction of the Director of IT and Software Development the Computer programmer assists the development and testing of various web-based software application as well as the design and implementation of various static webpages.
REPORTS TO: Director of IT and Software Development
1. Architect, develop, and implement browser-based applications for use in a LAMP environment
Applicant must be proficient in the following areas of development:
- Object oriented PHP
- HTML / DHTML
- Linux administration
2. Architect, develop, and implement supporting database systems using MySQL
3. Design and Implement webpages for various internal and external partnerships Applicant must be able to convert flat design files into valid HTML/CSS layouts following accepted industry standards.
4. Follows consistent business and work practices as established by the Director of Communications
to ensure smooth workflow. Follows practices to ensure website(s) comply with Section 508 guidelines (government requirement for any organization receiving government funding to follow accessibility
5. Maintains appropriate documentation and administrative procedures within areas of responsibility.
6. Develops and administers online community-building tools, including discussion forums and weblogs.
7. Other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements
A BS Degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent experience
HOURS/PAY: 37.5 HOURS: BAND 5 $31,182-$57,695
Note: One of our alumni, Jason Rikard, works there and sent us this. They are looking for December grads.