Sent to us by Leticia Ladson, one of our alumni:
I now work for The Boeing Company in St. Louis, MO and we are promoting our 1st University IT Case Competition and USC is one of the focus school that we would like to promote the case competition.
The Boeing Company is proud to announce the inaugural yearly intercollegiate case competition to find the next generation of IT leaders. The competition will showcase student talent, evaluate potential employee abilities, and connect your university with Boeing IT. The competition will consist of developing an application that can identify 3D objects scattered across a Light Detection and Ranging (LIDAR) scan of a topological area. See the attached registration form for complete contest details.
Top three teams will receive:
- $3,000/$1,000/$500 cash prize, respectively
- A trip to Boeing Puget Sound
- Airfare, meals, lodging and rental car included
- A tour of the Boeing Everett Factory
- And more!
- Teams shall consist of one to three members
- Must be enrolled during the Fall 2014 or Spring 2015 academic semester
- Teams may consist of graduate, undergraduate, and part-time students
- A student may only be a member of one team
- There may be more than one team per university
- Teams must have an academic advisor
- Multiple teams may have the same academic advisor
- Please refer to the attached registration form for complete rules & regulations
- Submit the attached registration form no later than January 12th, 2015 to email@example.com
- After completing registration, Boeing will mail your team lead a flash drive containing sample LIDAR data and other files needed to begin work on the project.
Feel free to email us with questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.