Updated: First posted on Nov 11, 2014. As of today, these coops are still open.
Thank you so much for replying to my email. BMW’s Mobility Solutions department (FG-252) is still in need of viable candidates to fill our Co-Op positions for Fall 2015+.
Good Afternoon USC Computer Science and Engineering,
BMW Manufacturing near Greenville, SC is looking for eager to learn and enthusiastic Co-Ops/Interns to fill positions within our Mobility Solutions team (FG-252) for the following terms:
- Fall 2015 (2 open positions)
- Spring 2016 (1 open position)
- Fall 2016 and beyond (4 open positions for each term)
(Below lists the description, requirements, and How to Apply instructions for our open positions.)
Our team is located in downtown Greenville, South Carolina. We design and build iOS and Android mobile applications for mobile devices used by BMW internally as well as externally by consumers.
We are looking for junior level iOS and Android software developers with a CS background to fill our Co-Op and Intern positions. As a Co-Op/Intern you would work as a junior software developer and work under direct guidance of senior engineers, the project technical team, and management to build functioning IT systems that exceed functional expectations consistent with the values of a premium global brand.
The junior mobility engineer has responsibility to develop technical functionality as it relates to mobile infrastructure and software.
The incumbent supports documentation, testing, and reporting of issues by ensuring that the system is meeting all functional requirements as a part of the larger technical team. This resource will support the implementation of test plan development, testing processes, and test result evaluation. The incumbent will have entry-level application architecture knowledge and apply that knowledge to IT system development as part of a larger technical team.
Clearly communicate and accurately document all architectural decisions, plans, goals, and IT functional requirements.
Provide technical support for service delivery in the scope of the built system by developing, testing, and quality assurance of mobile and web applications
Participate in planning meetings providing relevant feedback based on acquired knowledge
Continuously ensure quality is kept high by establishing a baseline and monitoring technical metrics (i.e. Code coverage, performance, scalability) that report the overall health of newly built IT systems
Be a technical team member willing to learn from senior resources and develop under supervision
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (YOU MUST ATTACH A COPY OF YOUR TRANSCRIPT)
- Have full time status at an accredited four year college or university in the United States
- Pursuing a BS or Graduate Degree as indicated
- Have completed three semesters towards that degree by the start of the work term
- Able to complete 3 rotating terms for co-op positions
- Have at least 1 remaining term in school after the completion of the co-op or internship
- Transfer students must have a GPA from current university
- Enrolled with the university co-op or career services office
- Complete and pass a pre-placement physical and substance abuse test before the work term
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Digital Media Design
- 1+ years experience in enterprise software design and development, with a proven track record of delivering products and solutions to the marketplace
- 1+ years in hands-on programming experience in HTML, Java, or Objective-C
- Intermediate Object-Oriented architecture and design skills
- Intermediate knowledge of modern operating systems
- Basic understanding of non-functional requirements
- Basic understanding of IT Security and risk assessment
- Basic understanding of Back-end infrastructure and software including REST
- Basic understanding of Client/Server Architecture
- Basic knowledge of diagnostic tools
- Basic understanding of mobile application development
- Basic relational database analysis, design, and performance tuning ability
Select: Create Your Profile
Select: Search Open Positions
Search for FG-25 CS/IT Intern (If a position does not appear, clear the search and manually review the open positions. If a position is not available please feel free to Create a Profile because an opening may become available at anytime.)
Click the Reference Code or Job Posting Description you are interested in applying
Click APPLY in the upper left corner of the pop-up window
As the producer of all the world's X3 and X5 Sports Activity Vehicles, as well as the X6 Sports Activity Coupés, BMW Manufacturing values innovative ideas and diverse approaches to meet the challenges of tomorrow's mobile world. Here, at the only BMW factory in the United States, we transform dreams into machines. This is where engineering perfection is set against the backdrop of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Where cooperation is found in the work of teams and individuality flourishes in the creation of ideas. A place where the philosophy of BMW thrives and the Ultimate Driving Machine is built. Incorporating the highest levels of technology known to the industry, BMW Manufacturing plays a vital role in BMW's standing as a global vehicle manufacturer. Through advancements in education and R&D, the factory is committed to continuous improvement. With over a $5
billion investment in South Carolina, the 1,150-acre campus generates its own power on-site, offers fully equipped medical facilities including an on-site pharmacy, provides 24-hour security and firefighting personnel.
BMW Manufacturing Company is an EEO/affirmative action employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Have a Great Day!
BMW Group – Competence Hub Americas
Operational Lead (FG-252)
22 South Main Street, 4th Floor
Greenville, SC 29601