My name is Amber Kite and I am currently working as law clerk for TCube Solutions. TCube is currently accepting applications for an Implementation Specialist to work for West Bend Mutual Insurance.
West Bend wants to hire two full time staff members to work in their IT organization on their corporate Billing system. West Bend wants TCube to identify candidates and train them and then the candidates would be supervised by West Bend here in Columbia.
The job is essentially for a “Billing System Configurator”. It involves analyzing Billing system requirements, configuring the system to support those requirements and problem determination and resolution. Successful candidates are able to learn and use Duck Creek’s configuration tool “Author” (TCube will provide training), to develop and support the Duck Creek Billing system for West Bend.
I’ve attached a job description for a similar TCube job to give candidates an idea of what they would be doing. This is an amazing opportunity to be able to work for a large company like West Bend but also receive training and mentoring from a great company like TCube.
Would it be possible for you to share the information with your students? They could their resumes and contact information to me.
Title: Implementation Specialist I Date: 4/27/2015
Dept: Services Band: B
Written By: Sam McGuckin Approved by: Sam McGuckin
FLSA Status: Exempt EEO: Professional
Under the general direction of a Senior Implementation Specialist, the Implementation Specialist I is primarily responsible for using the Duck Creek proprietary tool set and applying software development techniques in the creation of insurance software solutions. Specifically, the Implementation Specialist I will implement client requirements by interacting with team members and users, designing solutions, creating and maintaining ManuScripts, writing documentation, unit testing their work, and debugging issues within the ManuScripts.
- Creates and implements components of an insurance system independently which can include User Interface, Rating and Forms
- Independently unit tests, debugs and corrects ManuScript issues with low to medium complexity
- Works closely with Insurance Specialists to ensure accurate product output
- Works collaboratively in a team environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
People Management - None
Job Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor of Science in area with analytic emphasis (typically math, computer science, computer information or accounting); 2+ years of related work experience can be substituted for educational requirement
- Training in spreadsheets or database types of software applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Author Master Level Certified (Complete training program with a score of at least 90% on the assessment)
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exposure to web design and XML
- Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with merge fields for Microsoft Word and Adobe
- Knowledge of insurance products
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Application programming
- Previous experience working directly with customers
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Solid time management skills
- Highest degree of honesty and integrity
- Puts the success of the company ahead of personal success—team player
- Results, action-oriented, with “whatever it takes” attitude
- Shows concern for quality in their work and practices continuous improvement
- Interacts professionally, appropriately and courteously with customers, other outside parties and co-workers
- Adapts to on-going change and works in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment
- Adheres to established programming development standards
- Works effectively with tight deadlines
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to operate a computer for extended periods of time
- Must be able to use a telephone
- Must be productive in a cubicle work environment
- Must be able to safely perform the job
- Must be able to meet attendance, on call, and other reliability requirements of the job
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.