Position Title: Associate Engineer – Web/Software Developer
No. of Openings: 1
- Develop conventional engineering and scientific solutions to technical tasks or project objectives. Learn SRR and specific Department systems, methodologies, and requirements for accomplishing tasks. Assist more senior engineering personnel in performing related activities in more complex tasks.
- Accept delegated technical responsibility for a limited phase of a scientific or engineering program. Support engineers or scientists performing related phases of a program.
- Assist in studies, development, testing and analysis of designs, processes, or procedures related to a limited phase of a system or program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer science, IT or related engineering discipline from an accredited college or university within the previous 12-month period (applicant must include graduation date on resume)
- Or currently working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer science, IT or related engineering discipline from an accredited college or university with expected graduation by June 30, 2015 (applicant must include expected graduation date on resume)
- Sound technical knowledge base of discipline’s standard concepts, principles and techniques. Ability to apply formal training.
- GPA of 2.8 or higher (please list GPA in the profile)
- Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen.
- No work experience is required but previous Internship with Savannah River Remediation or other related work experience while obtaining a degree is preferredSolid problem solving skills.
- Able to communicate in a clear and professional manner with various levels of employees to include explaining technical details to a non-technical person
SRR Job Postings
The following SRR position is posted through the URS Corporation website:
Requisition Number: FS100966
Job Information: Web Developer (10S SOP ) (1 position)
Posting Period: March 3, 2015 through March 10, 2015
By following the steps below, you will ensure that your resume is accessible in the Virtual Edge posting system:
Go to http://www.urscorp.jobs
- Select Careers tab
- Select “Career Opportunities Apply”
- Click on the blue box “To apply for a URS Career….click here”
You will be taken to a job Search screen
In the Requisition Number field enter only: FS - - - - - (the number above)
- No other fields are required
- Click SEARCH at the bottom
- Click on the title of the job and select Submit My Resume or Create a Resume if you do not have one in the URS system.
If this is your first visit, you will be prompted to create a user name (your e-mail address) and password. This will allow you to access your profile in the future and make edits to your resume or submit for other job openings. Prior to submitting your resume through the URS recruiting system, employees are required to obtain their manager's approval on the attached form. Completed forms should be submitted to SRR Human Resources Department, 766-H, Room 1066A.
Profiles must demonstrate that you meet the minimum requirements (include education, work experience and all applicable certifications).