I wanted to reach out and let you know that we are actively looking for an Associate Automation Engineer to work with our Informatics and Technology Services group. I have included the job post below as well as a link to apply to the position. Please feel free to share this opportunity with your students. They are more than welcome to reach out to me with any questions.
We will see you at the S.E.T Fair in the Fall.
We are currently seeking an Associate Automation Engineer in our Informatics & Technology Services group. This position will provide operational support needed to keep Premier data current and working properly. This position will be responsible for daily operational tasks such as ETL processing, data queries, technical data assistance to other teams and production issues that arise. This position will work closely with team members to ensure work is being completed properly and on time and to ensure this position has the needed support to get this work completed. It is also an integral part in keeping data current for our clients. It requires that the person work a swing schedule determined by the tasks that are needed for the week. This person will work with Operations, Data Management, Application Management, Database Administration, Application Development and Product Management.
- Complete Weekly Data Releases for Quality Advisor and Quality Measures through the use of automated and manual processes.
- Schedule, monitor and troubleshoot all ETLs in order to meet business requirements and deliverables. Researching issues or errors, data correction and communication on outcome and impact to stakeholders.
- Support for our internal customers using Quality Advisor, Advisor Exchange, Operations Advisor, Transform, Quality Measures Reporter, etc. Troubleshoot and resolve moderately complex production problems.
- Manipulating internal database data to correct duplicate physician entries and their volume created inside the warehouse as well as other manual data fixes
- Create new and revise existing documentation for the processes the team supports and manages
- Assist Data Management with Quality Measures data submissions
- AE Domain Support
Education & Experience Required:
- A Bachelor's degree (BS, BA) required
- Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline
- 0-1 year experience (new grad); 2-3 years preferred
- New grad that has gained exposure to industry through coursework and college projects to include:
- Experience developing SQL queries
- Experience working in UNIX
- Experience working with shell scripting
- Experience with PL/SQL is a plus
- Healthcare knowledge is a plus
- Additional Technical skills
- Write SQL scripts for multiple RDBMS platforms
- Utilize SQL techniques including nested sub queries, multi-pass SQL, use of set operators (union, intersection, except)
- Ability to read data models
About Premier, Inc.
Premier, Inc. (NASDAQ:PINC) is a leading healthcare improvement company, uniting an alliance of approximately 3,000 U.S. hospitals and 110,000 other providers to transform healthcare. With integrated data and analytics, collaboratives, supply chain solutions, and advisory and other services, Premier enables better care and outcomes at a lower cost. Premier, a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient, plays a critical role in the rapidly evolving healthcare industry, collaborating with members to co-develop long-term innovations that reinvent and improve the way care is delivered to patients nationwide. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Premier is passionate about transforming American healthcare. Please visit Premier’s news and investor sites on www.premierinc.com; as well as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Foursquare and Premier’s blog for more information about the company.
Premier is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities!