ZillionInfo is seeking two undergraduate or master’s students from the USC Department of Computer Science and Engineering to fill a paid Application Developer Internship position. The position requires minimum of 20 hours per week while there is a potential to work a maximum of 40 hours per week. The selected intern should be available to start anytime between March through the beginning of May and work throughout the summer and into the 2015-2016 school year. The opportunity is supported by NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Program which helps undergraduates obtain real research experience and build up their career path.
- Application Developer
- The function of the Application Developer is the design, development, and implementation of geospatial software solutions. The role is responsible for the development of mobile, desktop, and/or web-based solutions.
- Design and develop custom geospatial web applications
- Application design, development and collaboration in a distributed team environment
- Develop and implement test plans and automated test scripts
- Develop and apply service oriented architectures to enterprise solutions.
Competencies and Skills:
- Proficient with Java Programming on server-side
- Shows a strong interests in programming
- Ability to work well in a group to solve problems
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of internet architectures and technologies
- Familiarity with standard software development protocols and coding standards
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate their experience in application and database development from a previous internship position or through upper-level coursework. Experience with GIS is a plus.
USC/Columbia Technology Incubator
1225 Laurel Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Interested applicants should send their resume to Ella Li, the COO of ZillionInfo, at email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Application process will be open until the position is filled.