The Ameson Year in China is a program for recent college graduates or other qualified applicants seeking to expand their horizons and develop a global vision using their natural asset - English. In exchange for teaching English as a contribution to Chinese students for an academic year, the AYC is designed to give participants the chance to gain a deep understanding of Chinese culture, learn one of the world’s most in-demand languages, enhance their professional development, gain professional experience, and improve future employment prospects in the U.S. and around the world. The program also provides opportunities to conduct independent projects of personal significance and establish a personal business or academic network in China, which can all be invaluable assets for a future career.
Working commitments consist of about 25 hours of educational activities per week. The fully standardized curriculum, along with teaching materials and support, gives participants plenty of time to practice their Chinese, conduct research, or explore their surroundings.
- Holder of a Bachelor's degree or higher by June 2013
- Shares the Ameson Foundation's goals of international cooperation
- Native English speaker
- Possesses the adaptability needed to live and work abroad
- No criminal record
- Passionate, motivated and self-disciplined
- Willing to teach students between the ages of 6 and 15
- Able to act as an informal ambassador for the U.S.
Students interested should e-mail Program Associate Tim Jackson directly at email@example.com with their résumé.
If any further information is needed or requested, please let me know.