Department of Computer Science and Engineering - Cybersecurity Education Programs
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering offers multiple IA/CD paths for the students enrolled in one of the three undergraduate programs: Computer Engineering (CE), B.S.E., Computer Science (CS), B.S.C.S., and Computer Information Systems (CIS), B.S. All three programs allow the students to incorporate the Information Assurance (IA) Specialization in their curriculum. Our programs are regularly reviewed by our Industry Advisory Board members. Our educational programs aim to meet the current and future needs of industry and government.
Currently the Computer Information Systems B.S. with Information Assurance Specialization Program of Study (PoS) is under review. Additional PoSs to be applied for include:
- Computer Science, B.S.C.S. with Information Assurance Specialization
- Computer Engineering, B.S.E. with Information Assurance Specialization
- Graduate Certificate in Cybersecurity Studies
Further information about the undergraduate Computer Science degree programs is accessible here. Below is a direct link to the Information Assurance Specialization, the Graduate Certificate Program, and the security courses offered by the CSE department.
Other Cybersecurity Educational Resources at the University of South Carolina
College of Engineering and Computing - Integrated Information Technology Department
School of Law - Cybersecurity Legal Taskforce
College of Arts and Sciences - Cyber Intelligence B.S.
Cybersecurity Educational Resources
- National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity (NCAE-C)
- NCAE Requirements and Resources
- NICE Framework
- NIST Computer Security Resource Center
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Standards on Computing
- 120 views