Primate Technologies was co-founded by Mitch Patterson, who earned his MS in Computer Science from this department in 1993. The job below is in Savannah, GA.
Primate Technologies, Inc. (Primate) provides visualization software and services for electric utilities and other mission-critical environments. We are seeking a talented individual to work as a full-time Software Developer. In this capacity, you would be working on production code for deployedapplications immediately, executing the following while supported by a technical mentor:
- Design and develop new features in our products
- Develop software interfaces to customer systems
- Assist Primate technical staff as they integrate our software with customers' other enterprise software
- Provide occasional technical support via phone and email
If you are interested, you might also take on the following responsibilities:
- Attend trade shows and help customers learn about our solutions
- Participate in sales efforts
- Visit customer sites
Key attributes we seek include:
- Interest in and aptitude for software development in a mission-critical area
- Able to master the use of new software quickly
- Strong logical thought processes
- Enjoys working for a small company where anything can change
- Able to perform productive work both when alone and in an office setting
Useful skills and experience would be:
- Valid driver's license
- Strong command of spoken and written English
- Four-year Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical
- Engineering degree
- Experience with use and configuration of enterprise software
- Knowledge of and experience with design and drafting tools such as Adobe Illustrator, AutoCAD, and MicroStation.
We work in an area that is considered critical infrastructure by the Department of Homeland Security and so our team members are required to pass background checks, drug and alcohol testing, and cyber and critical security training. We work in a business-casual setting.
For consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.