VC3 has expanded our development team to facilitate our planned expansion of our Academic Suite into the national market. To support our growth we’re adding to our team a test engineer to plan, execute and automate testing processes at our downtown Columbia, SC office (our software development headquarters). This person must be driven to ensure software quality even give our tight schedules and frequent releases so we can meet the needs of our customers. They will work closely with developers, product architect and product managers who will rely on them to get fast and thorough feedback on application quality so strong communication and collaboration skills are a must.
I would encourage interested recent graduates that have a track record of success while at USC apply here: http://www.vc3.com/about/careers/ste510.aspx. See also http://www.vc3.com/about/careers.aspx.
VC3 | Product Architect, K-12 Public Education
Software Test Engineer
VC3, an innovative, growing IT services solution provider, headquartered in Columbia, SC is seeking to fill a fulltime Software Test Engineer position in our Columbia, SC office.
The Software Test Engineer position is responsible for reviewing requirements, specifications and documentation to gain a thorough understanding of the programs and processes to be certified using primarily .NET framework for our Academic Suite of products. The position will ensure the quality of the software is provided for release to production by defining testing plans, strategies and approaches, creating software test scenarios and test scripts, executing software test scripts, analyzing test results, and reporting quality issues to the team. Coordinate with system engineers to communicate test results and resolve defects. Identify software issues and enter data in a defect management system. Create testing metrics for project management to assess stability and status of all testing activities. Participate in the design and development processes as needed in order ensure product quality is high. Recognize opportunities for process improvement in order to increase overall product quality and team effectiveness.
Provide or validate estimates for assigned tasks. Create and modify test scripts to certify system changes. Develop test control databases. Maintain test databases and ensures their integrity and currency. Distribute test data from control database to development staff to satisfy adequate unit testing. Assist with configuration management tasks on a project (test scripts, source code control, and coordination of requirement changes) as required. Release product updates into production. May perform program changes, develop other software programs, or assist with other aspects of the development lifecycle as required.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team, in a learning environment and to have the opportunity to collaborate on a variety of development activities.
The following skills/attributes are required:
· 1 – 3 years of related experience.
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
· Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
· Ability to understand and analyze complex issues.
· Must be motivated, detail orientated, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in an effective manner with a high level of quality.
· Must possess excellent communication and teamwork skills as well as being able to perform in a fast-paced, diverse environment with demanding market needs.
· Desire to provide the highest levels of service to clients.
· Must be driven to improve product quality in creative and innovative ways.
· Must be able to quickly understand new system functionality and efficiently create useful test plans around it, including the creation of automated tests.
Required technical skills include:
· General knowledge of web application design conventions is required.
· Familiarity with iterative and agile development methodologies is required.
· Familiarity with a developer-oriented automated testing framework for web applications, such as WatiN, is desired.
· Knowledge of the .NET Framework including C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, VS.NET, and SQL Server is preferred.
· Travel Requirements: Ability to travel when necessary; must have reliable transportation.
· Candidate selected will be subject to a background and credit screening.
· VC3 offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, life, 401k matching, flex spending plans, etc…