The Software Developer’s role is to provide programming support for new and existing information systems based on user specifications with guidance from other staff members. Consults with and provides users with assistance in determining program enhancements and maintenance required. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures.
JOB CONTENT -
- Performs program maintenance, modifications, and enhancements to new/existing systems through programming, testing, documenting and training users.
- Able to effectively manage time while working on multiple assignments with guidance as to relative priorities of assignments.
- Confers with user personnel and department representatives in resolving questions of program/system intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Learns company systems and how they are automated.
- Provides on-call programming support.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- All Southeastern Freight Lines Associates are responsible for being personally committed to the principles of the Quality Improvement Process and applying these principles to realize a continuous improvement in the quality of work performed.