New team members will need to start contributing code ASAP, by Feb 1 at the latest. Existing team members should help them get coding. Follow these steps:
- New person learns how team communicates (email, slack, IM, snapchat) and gets account, meets with team in-person if possible.
- New person gets github and slack accounts.
- New person git-clones and builds current team repo on his or her laptop. This will likely require the installation of the IDE the team is using.
- Team creates a few simple git-issues and assigns them to the new member.
- New person gets familiar with the existing codebase.
- New person implements simple issues, commits, and pushes to github.
This should all be done by February 1. A new member that cannot achieve this will Fail this class.