Gabriel A. Terejanu
Assistant ProfessorPhone: 803.777.5872
Computer Science & Engineering
University of South Carolina
315 Main St.
Columbia, SC 29208
Dr. Terejanu's research interests lie primarily in the field of model validation and uncertainty quantification, information fusion, and decision making under uncertainty. These include topics such as:
- Bayesian inference and model validation of complex physical systems, including optimal experimental design using information theoretic concepts.
- Improving the decision making under uncertainty using accurate uncertainty representations and goal-oriented propagation of uncertainty through computational models.
- Near-real time data assimilation with applications to spacecraft attitude estimation and evolution of toxic clouds in air as result of chemical and biological releases.
- Applications of machine learning concepts to reduce the dimensionality of complex uncertainty quantification problems.
- Postdoc, University of Texas at Austin (2012)
- Ph.D., State University of New York, Buffalo (2010)
- M.S., State University of New York, Buffalo (2007)
- B.Eng./M.Eng., University of Craiova, Romania (2004)
- Gabriel Terejanu, Rochan R. Upadhyay, Kenji Miki (2012). Bayesian experimental design for the active nitridation of graphite by atomic nitrogen. Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 36, 178-193
- Gabriel Terejanu, Puneet Singla, Tarunraj Singh, Peter D. Scott (2011). Adaptive Gaussian sum filter for nonlinear Bayesian estimation. Automatic Control, IEEE Transactions on, 56(9), 2151-2156.
- Gabriel Terejanu, Puneet Singla, Tarunraj Singh, Peter D. Scott (2010). A decision-centric framework for density forecasting, Journal of Advances in Information Fusion, 5(2):73-87
- Gabriel Terejanu, Puneet Singla, Tarunraj Singh, and Peter D. Scott (2010). Approximate interval method for epistemic uncertainty propagation using polynomial chaos and evidence theory. In Proceedings of the American Control Conference (ACC), pages 349–354
- Gabriel Terejanu, Puneet Singla, Tarunraj Singh, Peter D. Scott (2010). Approximate propagation of both epistemic and aleatory uncertainty through dynamic systems, In 13th International Conference on Information Fusion, Edinburgh, UK
- Jemin George, Gabriel Terejanu, Puneet Singla (2009). Spacecraft attitude estimation using adaptive Gaussian sum filter, Journal of the Astronautical Sciences, Special Issue: Markley Symposium, 57(1):31-45
- Gabriel Terejanu, Puneet Singla, Tarunraj Singh, Peter D. Scott (2008). Uncertainty propagation for nonlinear dynamical systems using Gaussian mixture models, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 31(6):1622-1633
- Gabriel Terejanu, Yang Cheng, Tarunraj Singh, and Peter D. Scott (2008). Comparison of SCIPUFF plume prediction with particle filter assimilated prediction for Dipole 26 data. In Chemical and Biological Defense Physical Science and Technology Conference, New Orleans
- Gabriel Terejanu, Tarunraj Singh, and Peter D. Scott (2007). Unscented Kalman filter/smoother for a CBRN puff-based dispersion model. In 11th International Conference on Information Fusion, Quebec City, Canada